RME Audio ADI-192DD
8 Channels, 192 kHz /24 Bit, ADAT/TDIF, 4 X AES/EBU, S/MUX, WC
I/O, SPDIF TOSLINK I/O Triple Universal
Format & Sample Rate Converter.
Manufacturer part number:
OVERVIEW~ The ADI-192 DD is the successor to the highly successful ADI-8 DD. The completely re-engineered device was designed to be the best format and sample rate converter ever. Hence the ADI-192 DD not only features considerable improvements compared to the ADI-8 DD, but also adds a number of new and unique features.
Supports 192 kHz with ADAT, TDIF und AES 8-channel sample rate conversion up to 192kHz Sample Rate Conversion can be selected for AES, TDIF or ADAT Sample Rate Conversion supports levels of up to +6 dBFS 8-channel Sample Rate Conversion without phase deviation (sub-sample synchronous) SteadyClock for maximum jitter suppression and clock regeneration Complete triple format converter AES/TDIF/ADAT with added SPDIF TOSLINK I/O Direct support for Double and Quad Wire, S/MUX and Double/Quad Line Also when using SRC Special TDIF word clock output Simplified and easy-to-use user interface
TOUR DE ADI~
The unit consists of three 8-channel format converters with 24 bit audio resolution. The three output formats ADAT, TDIF and AES independently access the same three input formats. Thanks to free selection of inputs, signals can be copied and distributed between all connected devices - without the need to change any cables. Four XLR AES/EBU inputs and outputs each, and two ADAT and TDIF inputs and outputs allow full 8-channel operation even at 96 kHz / 24 bit. At 192 kHz, there are eight AES channels and four ADAT and TDIF channels. Switchable 24/192 kHz sample rate converters allow 8-channel conversion and clock decoupling of the highest quality.
Due to the unlimited input selection, the unit not only transfers data to the same output format, but can i.e. also be operated as quad AES/EBU sample rate converter.
Applications include: AES/EBU frontend for RME's digital I/O-cards (with ADAT optical I/O)
TDIF frontend for RME's digital I/O-cards (with ADAT optical I/O)
AES and ADAT frontend for DTRS machines 8-channel AES, TDIF and ADAT input and output for digital mixers with ADAT/TDIF port Operation of four SPDIF or AES devices with different sample rates in any digital audio network 48 LEDs clearly display the current status of the incoming and outgoing signals and the processing performed within the unit. The SyncCheck technology known from other RME devices indicates whether the input signal is locked and whether all inputs are sychronized. The AES output signal can be given a consumer or professional status. The first AES output (channels 1/2) is also available as optical TOSLINK.
Professionals will love the fact that the ADI-192 DD supports S/MUX, Double/Quad Wire and Double/Quad Line, making it compatible with all methods of increasing sample rates by splitting/distributing samples on all platforms. The unit can also convert between these formats, even along with SRC. If more than 8 channels are required, several units can be cascaded and synchronized sample-accurately by word clock.
The ADI-192 DD also features an automatic distribution mode. If only one of the four AES inputs is used, the device will copy these two channels to the other three AES outputs. If only one ADAT or TDIF input is used, the second ADAT or TDIF output will carry an identical signal, which can be fed to another ADAT or TDIF device. This also works from ADAT to TDIF or vice versa.
RME's SteadyClock guarantees excellent clock quality in every situation. Due to the highly efficient jitter reduction, any clock signal can be improved and refreshed, and subsequently be used as reference clock at the word clock output. Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) will retain the last valid sample frequency in case of a loss of the input signal. All settings are retained when the device is switched off.
CONCLUSION~ The ADI-192 DD is the all-in-one solution for every application of format and sample rate conversion, from 2 to 8 channels. Its flexibility is unsurpassed and the price/performance ratio is simply sensational.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES~
- Input AES/EBU: 4 x XLR, electrically isolated, highly sensitive input stage (< 0.3 Vpp), SPDIF compatible
- Output AES/EBU: 4 x XLR, transformer balanced, 5 Vpp
- Input ADAT optical: 2 x TOSLINK, 24 bit, Bitclock PLL
- Output ADAT optical: 2 x TOSLINK, 24 bit
- Input/Output TDIF: 2 x D-type 25 pin, 24 bit
- Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp)
- Output word clock: BNC, low impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- Sync sources: ADAT optical input, AES/EBU input, TDIF input, word clock input
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word clock)
- Sample rate range: AES, word clock: 27 kHz-200 kHz, ADAT/TDIF 33 kHz - 57 kHz
- Jitter: Internal clock < 1 ns, external clocks < 1 ns
- Jitter sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 40 ns
- Jitter suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- SRC dynamic ratio: 138 dBA
- SRC THD+N: < -136 dB
- Sample rate ratio: max. 6:1 / 1:6
- Power supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V - 240V AC, 20 Watt
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 483 x 44 x 200 mm
- Warranty: 2 years