Poised to be the center of a Windows-based home studio or mobile rig, the Universal Audio Apollo Twin X USB DUO Heritage Edition is a desktop 10x6 USB-C audio interface that gives musicians and producers elite-class A/D and D/A conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording.
Offering DUO Core UAD plug-in processing, Unison-enabled mic preamps, and the Heritage Edition suite of 25 award-winning UAD plug-ins—featuring Collections from Teletronix, Pultec, UA, and more—the Apollo Twin X USB DUO lets you record your vocals, acoustic instruments, and electric guitars in real time through classic mic preamp and channel-strip emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Avalon, and more—with near-zero latency.
The Power of Apollo Twin X USB DUO
- Track, overdub, and mix with high-resolution AD/DA conversion and DSP-powered plug-ins.
- Onboard UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking in real time through included UAD Heritage Edition plug-ins like the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 vintage compressors, Pultec EQs, iconic UA 610 tube preamp, tape machines, and guitar amps—with near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size.
- Proprietary Unison technology offers the tone of sought-after classic-tube and transformer-based preamps from Neve, API, Manley, Avalon, and more, plus guitar amps, and stompboxes.
- USB-C 3.0 connectivity for Windows-based computers.
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, Audio Units, and AAX in all major DAWs.
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality in a convenient desktop form factor.
- Reliable AC powering (external power supply included).
- Free, industry-leading technical support—on the phone and online—from knowledgeable audio engineers.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion for Crystal-Clear Sound
- Furnished with elite-class, next-generation 24-bit / 192 kHz conversion akin to the popular Apollo X rackmount interfaces, the Apollo Twin X USB DUO gives you a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters—with low distortion (-117 dB) and immense dynamic range (127 dB).
Versatile I/O for the Studio
- The 10x6 audio interface features two Unison-enabled microphone preamps (via XLR-1/4" combo mic/line inputs) for precise UAD emulations of classic analog preamps—impart vintage character of your choosing on microphone and instrument recordings while bypassing the unpredictable nature of old equipment.
- One front-panel Unison-enabled 1/4" Hi-Z input for direct connection of a guitar, bass, or keyboard
- Two 1/4" digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels and one 1/4" headphone output—each with dedicated level control
- Two additional 1/4" line-level outputs, may be used for alternate monitor outputs
- Add up to eight extra input channels via one TOSLINK optical ADAT port (may alternatively be used for stereo S/PDIF)
Pro-Level Monitor Functionality
- Flexible monitor functionality includes monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Comprehensive front-panel metering and fast, intuitive controls, no menu-diving required
Get the Pro Sounds of Analog Hardware, Right on Your Desktop
Out of the box, Apollo Twin X USB DUO's 25 included plug-ins give you album-ready tones in realtime with professional tools.
- 1176 Classic Limiter Collection (x3), 1176LN Legacy Compressor/Limiter, 1176SE Legacy Compressor/Limiter
- 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection (x2)
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amplifier
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection (x3), Pultec EQP-1A Legacy, Pultec Pro Legacy
- Pure Plate Reverb, RealVerb Pro
- Precision Channel Strip, Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation, Precision Delay Modulation L
- Softube Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, RAW Distortion Pedal
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection (x3), Teletronix LA-2A Legacy Limiter