Barker Clarinet is a true legato clarinet library performed by conductor and educator, Joshua Barker.
Recorded at Orb Studios in Austin, TX – we aimed to create an agile, emotive clarinet. We recorded all of the performances with natural, progressive vibrato. In our view, this helps warm up the sound and expands the emotional range of the instrument.
Each patch was produced to more uniquely address certain contexts. The Emotional patch includes a more subtle style of vibrato – fragile but confident. The Workhorse patch is an agile, mezzo-forte instrument – great for traditional, upbeat contexts.
The Fat Lead was actually recorded in the same space as Sasaki Trumpet/Austin Saxes – initially intended as an energetic compliment to those two libraries. What we found is that it also serves as an excellent, emotional instrument for strong, dramatic contexts where you really want the clarinet to properly sing.
Lastly, we included a Breaths patch – to help sell the performance with both short inhales and longer, subdued inhales with the clarinetist in the ready position.
• Fat Lead
• Breaths – Short & Long
• Legato clarinet
• Performed with natural, progressive vibrato
• “Natural” and “Tuned” patch variations
• Recorded close for mixing flexibility
• Adjustable reverb of custom hall impulse
• Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher
• Free Kontakt Player NOT supported
• Recorded in 48khz / 24bit
• 2.1 GB compressed NCW format
• Receive watermarked product by Pulse downloader