Pro Tools DiGiLink and DSP Server:(Pre-Order Shipping in the Fall) Sound Grid Audio Interface and Waves DSP effects server for PC and MAC
The DiGiGrid DLS audio interface is a comprehensive, all-in-one processing and networking hub with a built-in SoundGrid DSP server and network switch. With its dual DigiLink connections and full integration for TDM and AAX plugins, the DLS is the perfect upgrade for all Pro Tools HD and HDX systems, newer or older. And for superior system flexibility, the DLS makes it easy to relocate and interconnect multiple I/Os, as well as integrate Avid Legacy and third-party DigiLink-enabled units.
DLS works in two modes, IO and SGP:
The IO mode is designed for Pro Tools HD and HDX systems. In this mode the DLS acts as a bridge between Avid and SoundGrid, connecting to the actual PCI card via a DigiLink cable.
The SGP mode is designed for using DigiLink-compatible devices when working with DAWs other than Pro Tools.
In both modes you can connect additional SoundGrid-compatible components to your system with a single Cat 5e/Cat 6 Ethernet cable.
Plugging a DLS into your SoundGrid network will enable you to monitor and mix using hundreds of SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins in real time, with super-low latency of only 0.8 milliseconds.
Waves DLS Features:
- Built-in SoundGrid DSP Server and network switch
- Dual DigiLink connections with 64 digital inputs/outputs
- Bridges Pro Tools HD and HDX systems with SoundGrid
- Enables you to use any DigiLink-compliant I/O device with any DAW
- Compliant with the SoundGrid Studio ASIO / Core Audio driver
- Connects via a single Ethernet cable (Cat 5e/Cat 6)
- Quick-view front panel metering
- High-definition 192 kHz ADC conversion
Waves DLS Specifications:
- Internal SoundGrid DSP server (Intel® i5)
- 2x DiGiLink ports; 64 channel in SGP or I/O mode; 32 channels per port:
- SGP mode: DLI acts as a Pro Tools card, connected to and controlling an Avid audio interface (192, 96, HD Omni, HD I/O, HD MADI)
- I/O mode: DLI acts as an interface, connected to a TDM card; Pro Tools TDM v9.x and 10.x support
- 2x SoundGrid RJ45 Ethernet ports
- 1x AC input
- 1x Word Clock I/O
- 1x USB port
- 2U rack-mounted
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4*, 192* kHz
- Reset switch
- Clock synchronization via Word Clock input, SoundGrid (SoE), Internal