By Audio Modeling
V3 Release Highlights
● Powerful MIDI Mapping feature that supports CC, Hi-Res CC, After-Touch NRPN, and remapping curves that allow more customization and sensitivity to any controller.
● Realistic Legatos
● New Pizzicato Model
● General Sound improvement and behavior of bowed string
● Timbral correction feature. You’ll be able to select up to two harmonics to adjust (for emphasis or reduction).
● Standalone version, introduced VST3 plug-in format, and Native Instruments NKS compatibility.
● Real-time bow Sensitivity Control (on bowing mode). This gives you the ability to transform the bow, from a short bow with soft strokes to a full-length bow with strong strokes.
The kind of control and realism swam solo strings offer have never been heard before in modeled instruments!
Expressive, realistic, real-time controllable via a MIDI controller: SWAM Cello is all of this, and so much more!
SWAM is a technology based on physical modeling, so it is possible to control the main mechanical variables in real time, like the bow position.
Assign the bow position to a knob on any MIDI controller and hear the sound difference on SWAM Cello.
Start Playing for Real
SWAM Cello is never a simple recording of notes via sample libraries, but rather a real virtual instrument based on its traditional counterpart: unlike any sample library repeating a pre-recorded sound, SWAM Cello plays for real.
Control the expression of your virtual acoustic instruments, break the limitations of traditional samplers and benefit from the perfect organic consistency resulting from the endless expressive parameters that are unique of every live performance. No Giga-sized pre-recorded libraries are required, but only the smallest footprint.
Digitally Handcrafted Instruments
Developed by Audio Modeling using SWAM Technology, this digitally handcrafted acoustic instrument is based on a combination of innovative performance techniques and concepts of physical and behavioral modeling and does not contain any samples. The result? A flawless and extremely lightweight virtual Cello weighing only a few Megabytes!
SUPPORTED FORMATS AND OS
Audio Units, VST, AAX 64bit
Mac OSX 10.7 10.11 (El Capitan), macOS 10.12 (Sierra) 10.15 (Catalina)
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Required space after installation: 15 MB
RAM occupancy: about 15 MB for each instrument instance
The realism and expressiveness of the SWAM instrumentrequires a computer with at least a 1.6 GHz Core 2 Duo CPU for running a singleplugin instance. Less powerful systems may also prove satisfactory, but mayrequire larger buffer sizes, involving higher latencies.
macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) 11.2 (Big Sur)*
*Silicon supported through Rosetta 2